Act of Parliament Changes to the City Creation System

Discussion in 'Government/Parliament Announcements' started by Koalition, Aug 21, 2017.

  1. Koalition

    Koalition Prime Minister Staff Member Owner Prime Minister

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2017
    Messages:
    376
    Likes Received:
    40
    Trophy Points:
    28
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Europe
    Minecraft:
    Koalition
    Changing the City Creation System (7 Ayes | 1 Nay)
    Bill proposed by
    : Koalition
    Elaboration & Reasoning: I'm pretty sure most of you are familiar with the current city creation system. Right now, it's pretty hard to make a new city, and no one so far has managed to do it. Many people who also tried, gave up because the task seemed to be impossible. So, I proposed another system originally to the staff for their opinions and now to the Parliament for approval.
    The new system:
    • The Department of Construction would be responsible for finding the location of all future cities. They would, once found the appropriate land, flatten it and have a Senior Admin+ region the land.
    • After the DoC has done their part (finding the land, flattening) and the Server Administration has done theirs (regioning), the Government would then decide what kind of city it would be. There are 2 types of cities:
      • Private: The region and land would be sold to a player, who would be the owner of the city and the landlord of all the future plots of the city. The player would be known as the Mayor of the city and would be able to appoint up to 4 members to the city council, who would help them run the city. They would be responsible for the construction of the city.
        • The city would have to get additional Government approval once done (and potential help if requested) to make the city official and connected to the Capital city via highway.
        • Private cities would probably be auctioned off and the price per block would be the same as the price for claiming land in the wilderness (K4/block), or lower.
      • Government-owned: The region and land would belong to the Government, and the Government would be landlord of all plots in the city. Members of the city council would be elected by the people (3-5), who would run the city and get paid by the Government to do so (either a fixed wage or a percentage for every plot sold -> Government would get 25% and the remaining 75% would be split between the 3 or 5 Councillors).
        • The Councillors would then pick a leader among themselves who'll be the Chairman of the Council and the City Mayor.
        • The Council would be responsible for managing the city.
        • The Department of Construction would de jure be responsible for construction of the city, but would have to listen to the wishes of the council.
    • Once the city is made, a new sub-forum under Cities would be made, where the Mayor of the city would be given Forum Moderating permissions. The sub-forum is made for any announcements/updates regarding cities. Here are some examples:
      • A post listing all members of the city council;
      • Plot auctions;
      • City announcements (i.e new buildings) or updates.
    • The city would also be connected to the Capital city via highway or airport.
    Other Information: The government has already started work on this by flattening a land and having it regioned.
     
  2. A1phaSniper

    A1phaSniper Citizen

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2017
    Messages:
    125
    Likes Received:
    3
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Gender:
    Male
    Minecraft:
    A1phaSniper
    Is the airport still something? Because I haven't seen much of its use for a while
     
  3. Koalition

    Koalition Prime Minister Staff Member Owner Prime Minister

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2017
    Messages:
    376
    Likes Received:
    40
    Trophy Points:
    28
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Europe
    Minecraft:
    Koalition
     

Share This Page